EB School Computer Labs are for educational purposes only. Let's make the labs useful to everyone by following these guidelines! Habitual violators will be banned from lab use. To insure that the computers and printer are kept in working condition, please follow these guidelines:
* Bring food or drinks into lab, including gum.
* Play games, e-mail, chat or download software.
* Print duplicate copies of a document (take to a photocopying machine).
* Change software preferences (desktop pattern, time, home page location, etc).
* Save any personal files to hard drives. Personal files are deleted on a regular basis.
* Print out lengthy web pages
* Sign in and indicate which computer you are using.
* Save all your files to the network file server.
* Return keyboard, mouse and chair to normal position when leaving.
* Clean up after yourself.
* Follow school guidelines for Acceptable Use Policy of computers.
* Please think before you print. Use of the "print preview" option can save you time and paper.
* The printer(s) is/are connected to ALL the lab computers. Others may be trying to print at the same time you are. Please be patient with the printer. Be sure you are printing to the printer(s) in the lab you are using.
* If the printer does not respond, or an error message occurs, the computer may have lost the network connection. Save your work and restart the computer. This will allow the computer to reset the network connection and access the printer.
* Academic work always takes priority over personal computer use.
* If the printer becomes jammed, or runs out of paper, immediately contact one of the computer lab personnel. Do not attempt to fix it yourself.
* It's fine to consult your neighbor for help, but please do it quietly.
* If you need information from a web page--copy and paste it to AppleWorks or use Net Print--do not print from a web site.
* The equipment provided for our use is expensive and meant to last for several years. If you notice something is not in working order, inform support so it can be fixed sooner rather than later.