On this page you will find some important information about East Buchanan's School-To-Work Program: it's motto, goals, accomplishments, I-Team members and important School-To-Work Information.
OUR MOTTO: EAST BUCHANAN'S SCHOOL-TO-WORK...
LEADING THE WAY INTO THE FUTURE!
- To continue integration of career awareness and life-long learning skills into existing PreK-12+ curriculum
- Continued expansion of school, business, industry and community partnerships
- To implement new School-to-Work programs including a school-based enterprise, internships and the exploration of service based learning.
- Continue to develop opportunities for students to be responsible for their own behavior and learning.
- Awarded $10,000 Planning Grant
- Awarded $65,000 Implementation Grant
- Awarded $45,000 Second Implementation Grant
- Burger Brat Bash as a way to say "Thank You" to Business and Industry
- Homecoming Float Participant
- Entrepreneurship Training through Small Business Development Center, @ UNI by Maureen Collins-Williams, Associate Director, for Faculty, School-To-Work Committee and Students
- Two Successful Career Days: 7-12 and "Careers on Wheels" for the Elementary
- Presentation at 1998 Iowa Association of School Board Convention
- Presentation at 1999 Tech Prep Conference in Des Moines
IMPORTANT SCHOOL-TO-WORK INFORMATION
- Address: East Buchanan Community Schools, 414 5th Street North, Winthrop, IA 50682
- Phone Number: (319) 935-3367
- In the process of developing a School-Based Enterprise
- In the process of developing Career Portfolios.
- New Mentorship Program for "real world" work experiences.
Created by: Kim Levine and Barbara Sabin.
Return to the EBCS Home Page