Absolute Location: 34 n 55 and 110 w 09
Created by: Katherine H.
Relative Location: Arizona
Distance From My Home: 1,269 miles
My Place is Famous for: Petrified Forest is famous, because it features one of the world's largest and most colorful concentrations of petrified wood.
Description: Petrified Forest is a surprising land of scenic wonders and fascinating science
Three Interesting Facts
- The Petrified Forest has 93,533 acres of multi-hued badlands of the Chinle Formation.
- The Petrified Forest has a 27 mile road runs through the Park.
- Petrified Forest National Park was first established on December 9, 1962.
- How Far Is It?. October 12, 2002. http://www.indo.com/distance/
- PETRIFIED FOREST NATIONAL PARK (NATIONAL PARK SERVICE). October 15, 2002. http://www.nps.gov/pefo/
- PETRIFIED FOREST November 6, 2002 http://www.petrifiedforest.org/
Date Created: October 16, 2002
Return to Famous Places Projects Page