Relative Location: Carpathien Moutains in Eastren Europe.
My Place is Famous for: My place is famous because of Vlad Dracul (Knight of the Order of the Dragon-1431). Anyone who came near his castle would be captured and tortured. Vlad Tepes introduced a very strict order in Wallachia, strengthened the army, helped the trade with the neighboring countries, and was very strong towards those who went against him.
Description: Dracula's Castle was made of large white stones.
Three Interesting Facts
- Vlad Dracul was dubbed a knight of the Dragon Order by the Hungarian king.
- All the members of the order had a dragon on their coat of arms, and that is what brought him the nickname of Dracul (the Devil).
- Vlad was called Tepes only after his death (1476).
- Dracula's Castle. 11/5/02. http://www.draculascastle.com/index3.html
- How Far Is It?. October 12, 2002. http://www.indo.com/distance/
Created by: Kevin F
Date Created: November 6, 2002
Return to Famous Places Projects Page